Sunday, November 2, 2014

Second Chances: Thankful Posts


Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Oh how many times I have failed! Failed as a child of God. Failed as a wife. Failed as a mother. Failed as a friend.

I take failure hard. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I want to run far away, not have to face my mistakes. Because I'd have to admit my shortcomings. My lack. My inability. Despite how hard I tried. How much effort I put in. I don't like to make mistakes. To disappoint God or others.

So I find myself incredibly thankful that God's mercies are new every day. That I have a second chance. That I am not consumed by these mistakes, these faults, these shortcomings. Instead, I am overwhelmed by God's compassion for me and His faithfulness. He never fails.

Where do you find that courage to say you will try again tomorrow? To lay down your failures and recognize your second chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation!