Monday, November 3, 2014

Put Your Foot Here and Walk: Thankful Posts


In 2010, I Googled "Christian Writing." God had called me to write for Him, but I really had no clue where to start. So I searched for knowledge. I ordered books about writing. I discovered The Christian Writer's Market Guide. And I stumbled across the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference online.

Not knowing what to expect. Leaping out in faith, hoping God would catch me if I'd made a mistake. I registered for the conference.

And God let me fly.

I met the right people. I took the right classes for what I needed to begin doing. I found favor with God and man. And my career took off faster than I could have ever hoped for.

My heart planned my way, but God directed my steps. Thankfully I listened as He provided those directions. I've found abundance in my career as a result.

Today I am thankful that although I plan my way, God always directs my steps. Sure, sometimes I step too far to the left or to the right. And sometimes I stub my toe as a result. But no sooner than I put my foot back on the path He's called me to, things shift back on track. All I need to do is be obedient to His directive prompts.

Are you walking where He's called you to step? Or have you taken a step or two in another direction? What can you do to get back on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation!