Thursday, May 14, 2015

No Place To Hide by Lynette Eason ~ A Book Review

by Alycia W. Morales

Summer is just around the corner and for some, this means compiling a summer reading list. One of the books I would pick to be at the top of my pile is Lynette Eason's new release, No Place To Hide.

There are two reasons I love the latest from Lynette.

1. The chapters are short (just a few pages each), so the reading is quick. And the story's easy to follow, despite ...

2. Its twists and turns. Which have kept me turning pages to find out what happens next.

I think Lynette has taken suspense to a whole new level with this one. Her lead characters, Ian Lockwood and Jackie Sellers, are on the run. And, as the title implies, they're running out of places to hide. They've got the FBI on their tails for something they haven't even done. To make matters worse, they also have someone else chasing them down, and they keep catching up faster than the FBI. The big questions are: who is able to track them that well? And why?

One of the questions approached in this Christian novel is the idea that God allows bad things to happen to good people. I really loved how Lynette brought to life the fact that God has given people free will and a conscience to make our own choices. As much as there is good in this world, evil stands its ground too. And sometimes people make bad decisions or have no moral compass guiding what they do. But that doesn't mean that God is allowing it or that He doesn't want us to be blessed with long life and prosperity. I think Lynette states it beautifully on page 198 via a conversation between Jackie and Ian.

Relationally, I love that Jackie and Ian knew each other when they were younger. If you're expecting a lot of romance, you may find yourself disappointed. However, I didn't. Because of the tension of the suspense, I didn't find myself needing a lot of hand holding or brushing up against one another and sparks flying. I think the subtlety of the relationship between Jackie and Ian was well written. And honestly, although I enjoy romance, I would rather have more suspense than romance in my romantic suspense novels. It's always fun to see the hero and heroine come together, but it's so much more exciting to see the criminals be brought to justice and to figure out who the bad guy really is.

If you love suspense, you won't be disappointed. This novel is intense. If I didn't get migraines when I pull all-nighters, I would have stayed up and read it in less than 24 hours. But I'm a slow reader, so it's taken me a little longer than I'd like to get through it. All at my fault. Because Lynette has done a fine job of keeping me entertained and intrigued. I think No Place To Hide is quite possibly her best yet.

*Note: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I am in no way obligated to provide a positive review. But I am positive I love this book.

To add No Place To Hide to your summer reading list, visit:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Parable
CBD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation!